KEEPING YOU SAFE | SYLVIA PARKNews
31 August 2020
At Sylvia Park, keeping our shoppers, community and staff safe is our priority.
Here you’ll find some of the things we’re doing to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of all those who shop, work and play here.
- We encourage everyone to scan into the centre using the COVID Tracer App or by visiting Customer Service to use our manual tracing option. This is a big place so scan as you go – there are dedicated QR codes for our foodcourt, toilets and other amenities. Please also scan into any stores you visit.
- We encourage you to wear a face covering.
- We’re following the government social distancing guidelines at Sylvia Park and you’ll see signage throughout the centre to remind shoppers to keep a safe distance from other customers. We will also manage numbers of shoppers within the centre at all times, in line with government guidelines.
- We’ve placed alcohol-based hand sanitiser stations throughout the centre and especially in all main thoroughfares. We encourage our guests to use these stations every 20 minutes while shopping with us.
- We have a regular and thorough cleaning programme in place, using hospital grade disinfectants, with particular focus on high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- Our bathroom and parents room facilities have additional health and safety measures in place. Each bathroom facility features signage to remind shoppers on correct handwashing techniques.
- The centre will be treated with a sanitising spray that is designed to kill 99.99% of germs and keep critical surfaces and touchpoints hygienic for longer. It is designed to protect against bacteria, viruses, mould, fungi and other microorganisms by forming an antimicrobial coating that bonds to surfaces. It does not use alcohol or dangerous chemicals and has food safety approval in New Zealand and Australia.
- Our bathroom cleaning program has moved to a high frequency schedule.
If you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms (find out more HERE) we ask you to please stay home.
We will continue to follow Ministry of Health guidelines and we encourage workers and shoppers at Sylvia Park to contact the Ministry of Health’s Healthline 0800 358 5453 for COVID-19 advice and information.